- Internet Explorer 6.0 running on Windows
- Firefox 1.0.7 running on Windows
- Safari 1.2.4 running on Mac
- Firefox 1.0.7 on Mac (Pages with applets have display problems)
Browser Requirements and Recommendations
ChemBank uses the following web browser technologies:
The requirements and recommendations can be tested on this page.
- Java Applets (recommended)
- AJAX components (recommended)
Internet Explorer 6.0
Internet Explorer allows adjustment of these settings by selecting the Tools menu, followed by Internet Options, followed by clicking on the Security tab. Once the Security tab is selected, click the Custom Level button. This will bring up the Security Settings dialog.
- To enable ChemBank's use of Java applets, scroll down to the section marked Microsoft VM. Under Java Permissions, select either High, Medium, or Low safety. Then in the Scripting section, find the Scripting of Java applets choice and enable it.
- To enable use of AJAX components, you will need to enable two options under the ActiveX section. Both Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins and Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting need to be enabled.